Shift Boot - TR4

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Shift Boot - TR4
From: Bill/Jennifer Eley <JBEley@4gl.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:04:56 -0600
My early (CT5018) TR4 has a shift boot which looks like it's from a TR3.
Almost everyone I've talked to has assumed that the boot is an incorrect
replacement for the original, ribbed TR4 boot.  In browsing through Newton's
Triumph Buyer's Guide (the new edition) today, I noticed on page 61 a "very
early" TR4 with the same, TR3-style shift boot that I have.  Could some of the
TR4's have come with this earlier style boot?  I know the answer is "Sure, they
could have."  But has anyone seen this?  Or is the one in the picture also
incorrect?

Bill
'62 TR4