Re: 74 TR6 Midas Muffler - Continued

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 74 TR6 Midas Muffler - Continued
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:33:35 -0500
Gg07165@aol.com wrote:

> I had a Midas system installed earlier in the week.  They did an excellent
> job.  The manager of the shop is an MG-Midget afficiando so he has an interest
> in British cars.
> Since the muffler has blanks on the right side where it looks as though two
> additional pipes could be added to give the "quad tip" look, he suggested that
> they could fabricate something up.
> Does anyone know if that would screw up the flow and performance
> characteristics of the muffler?
> Any thoughts on this.  I'M REALLY TEMPTED!!!!

Caution if you open them up - those pipes run clean through the muff with only
some
small holes to allow gases to actually enter the muff.  Cut the end caps off and
you'll basically have an open exhaust -  will certainly have a "pronounced
growl"!!!
:-)

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars