GT6 seat straps??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 seat straps??
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 05:57:36 -0800
I was sitting in my GT6 yesterday at lunch and I remembered, whilst looking
at the back of the passenger seat, that there is a little narrow,
triangular shaped, piece of vinyl attached to the each seat back.  They are
on both seats, located at the bottom near the door side of each seat, and
roughly three inches long about two inches where it attaches to the seat
and tapering to about a half inch at it's end.  I was just wondering
(again) what they were for?  They are not a scrap or piece that would be
used for securing the seats at assembly as both are nicely trimmed and sewn
at the edges.  I remember the old original seat covers that I removed to
replace with this set had them also.  Maybe they are to cover the track on
that side when it is in it's forward most position (WAG)?  Anybody have any
ideas as to what they are for??  My 72 Spitfire never had these (that I
remember, but my memory ain't what it used to be :-})

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)