I know it's been awhile and you have all been eagerly awaiting status on
the Tenax repair problem. Finally got it fixed yesterday. I decided that
there is really a lot of stress put on those things from streching the top
over it, so putty type solutions would probably be real temporary.
So I went for one of those threaded sleeve inserting tools which I got
from JC Whitney. They are pretty expensive, about $60 bucks, but I always
wanted one and I can think of a few other uses. It's the other hundred
dollars in "oh, that looks neat" that really got me.
Anyway, a little practice and it was pretty easy to get a good looking a
solid repair. Just one word of warning if you plan to try this at home,
the studs that I got from TRF will not work. The inserted sleeve is not
tapped for the full length, leaving a shoulder at least the thickness of
the material that it is being insrted into. The TRF studs have an
extremely short threaded stud and will not reach beyond this shoulder. I
had picked up a couple at a local upholsery shop that had a longer stud and
a courser thread and these worked well.