Re: Driving lights

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Driving lights
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:59:31 GMT
On 16 Dec 1998, Windoseat@aol.com wrote:

> My question is this: are there any Lucas driving light still
> available?

Yes.

Try:

Holden Vintage and Classic Ltd
Linton Trading Estate, Bromyard, Herefordshire HR7 4QT, Great Britain

Phone: +44 1885 488000.
Fax: +44 1885 488889

> Can you still get mega candlepower driving lights or have those been
> legislated out of existence?

Sorry, I'm on the wrong side of the pond to answer that for you.
Especially since everything I've heard about US car light legislation
have struck me as being pretty peculiar.

> I long for the days of driving down
> back country roads and actually being able to see what's ahead instead of
> guessing.

Adding proper wiring, grounding and relays, and replacing the driving
lamps with proper E-spec halogen lamps does help a lot, I can assure you.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022870 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway