Re: Smith's gages

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Smith's gages
From: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:00:07 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I also prefer mechanical as they seem to be far more accurate.  For one
thing you get a 270 degree swing instead of a 90 degree.  Smiths also have
that cute lille water temp/ oil pressure combo that fits real well in the
spit where dash space is limited.  I'm going to change my guages over to
mechanical as soon as I've got enough spare nickels.  Now, in redooing the
Herald, I wish I could find a source for Jaegers.  I;d like to have a full
set of instruments and am partial to keeping them Jaeger if that is
possible, but alas, I have yet to find a source for these.  sigh!

Chris DeStffany
1975 Spit
1966 Herald

At 05:29 PM 12/17/98, you wrote:

>Mark Hooper writes...
>
>>.... I hope to find a
>>nice electric Smiths from a Jag. But now I am protected from having a
>>personalised oil heating system in the cabin.
>
>Mark,
>
>I've also had broken oil lines over the carpet (in my wife's suburban; that
>was not a cool move.)  But I still prefer mechanical; I just like the old-
>fashioned bourdon tube gages, I guess.
>
>You can purchase a nice new gen-u-wine Smith's electric (or mechanical)
gage from