TRs and Hams

To: Barry Fox <Bwfox@aol.com>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TRs and Hams
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 23:10:59 -0500
Barry Fox writes

>For all you listers who are ham radio ops (AND belong to the ARRL) as we=
ll
as
>TR lovers,  look at  http://www.arrl.org/members-
>only/extra/features/1998/1215/3/
>
>One of our list members has compiled an article for this web 'zine
relating to
>ham
>radio operators who use their antique cars in their radio hobby.  At the=

>beginning
>and end of the article are two TRs: the author (Sumner Weisman) in his T=
R3
and
>yours truly in his TR4A.
>
>Great job Sumner!
>
>Cheers,
>Barry W. Fox        65 TR4A  CT51681L (now world famous)
>W1HFN

In my experience the occurance of crossover between the two hobbies is
exceedingly rare (I know of only 3 or 4, and none of them Triumphs). Mayb=
e =

its because it is hard to  talk over the roar of a fine tuned exhaust.  O=
there =

is no place to put the radio.  Who knows.

Dave Massey
N0FEJ
57 TR3
71 TR6