RE: RE TR6 fun w/oil line

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: RE TR6 fun w/oil line
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:24:28 -0700

Truechoice has them in their catalog -- part number is 321-03SMP. Pegasus
also has them (in their catalog). Not sure of that part number. I got mine
from Think Automotive <http://www.thinkauto.co.uk/>, their part number is
E321-3G (hmmm, kinda makes you wonder where Truechoice get theirs...).

Note: these part #s I have given you are *hose ends*, NOT adapters. So you
can build your hose to mate directly with the pressure gauge. You only need
the BSP at the gauge end. The engine (TR6 that is, don't know about others)
is tapped with a 1/8-27 NPT port. This is a very common thread. All you need
at that end of the line is a -3AN hose end and a NPT-AN male-male adapter,
both very common at any Aeroquip dealer.

If you want to use your existing ss/teflon line (with AN fittings I think
you said), you need adapters. I am sure that Think Automotive has these but
the catalog is not here right now. Doing this will mean you have stuff
hanging off your gauge which might make things tight back there. If you
really want the AN hose end at the gauge, I can check the catalog when I get
home tonight and let you know on Monday what the part number is. Let me know
if you want me to do this.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---