Noisy tach cable -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Noisy tach cable -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:39:50 -0800
I decided to take the GT6 this morning, because, well, I didn't want to put
the top up, I haven't driven it for a while, its a warmer car and because
were going through a cold spell around here (32 deg, see freezing!).  Now
before you northerners, midwesterners, and easterners all start laughing in
unison, haw haw, for us southern Californians anything below 40 is cold!!
But I digress. . . as I fired her up, the tach cable squealed like a stuck
pig!  It's pretty much done this since I replaced the cable but it only
happens when it's cold inside.  Once the car warm up it goes away (leading
me to believe that us Californians aren't the only ones that think it's
cold out) :-)  This may be typical, but was just wondering if you regulars
to the cold have these symptoms?  Sorry, I have to leave now, the sun
warmed things up, time to go surfing. . . Oh darn, took the GT, no room for
the board!!! :-)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)