Re: Non LBC mechanical type question

To: <stu.jo@ibm.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC mechanical type question
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:41:06 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
>Sorry to bring up a Nissan qwuestion, but I have a 94 Nissan 300zx to
>drive when its too cold or wet for the Triumphs. It has some very LBC
>characteristics from being in close proximity to them. For example, the
>hazard switch won't stay on, sometimes the radio will take a couple of
>minutes to come on etc.
>However, the weirdest one is a loud intermittent howling coming from the
>general artea of the tranny fiorst thing in the morning if the overnight
>temp is below 50 degrees or thereabouts.The howling lasts about a
>minute, and is irrespective of speed, provided its over 15mph,. clutch
>in or out, neutral or in any gear, accelerating, constnt speed or
>braking.
>Nissan said it was the clutch pilot bushing, and it was rerplaced under
>warranty(thank God). However, there was no change. Now they want to
>replace it again. It makes no sense to me as it does not rotate relative
>to anything else except when the clutch is disengaged.
>Anybody have any other ideas? I wondered about speed cable.
>Stu
>74 Tr6 80 TR8

Stu,
Try the Z-car list, you can subscribe at http://www.zhome.com/
How is the gear oil in the 'box?  Speedo cable, maybe.  If it is still under
warranty, have them check out the wiring.  Nissan replaced my fuel injection
system on my 84 300ZXT, albeit by recall.  Also, try
http://www.twinturbo.com/

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779
"I gotta go, you're killing me!" - Kim Peterson, WGST 105.7, Atlanta