Re: Archive Removal (VTR/Stag Digest/Triumphs)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Archive Removal (VTR/Stag Digest/Triumphs)
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:23:50 +0100
Cc: "Jeffrey A. Campbell" <jac@corenetworks.com>
Friends on the Triumph list, =

and Jeff Campbell / Corenetworks. =

As a subscriber to the TR7/8 list for about a year now, I have
had the privilege to enjoy and use a search facility like the one
now on discussion here since it was first introduced. =

That searchable archive has made buying / reviving / rebuilding
[what is now] my TR8 much easier and more enjoyable - and it will
surely make owning / using / preserving it in the future much
easier also. I would dearly miss the wealth of knowledge [into a
very odd and limited area of interest] should it cease to exist.
Truly! =

So I think You all should think this over once or twice before
You toss this idea out the garbage bin. It's a great thing to
have AND it's for free! As far as I know Corenetworks / ListQuest
does not charge anything for Your chance to find an answer to
that elusive question that's nagging in Your mind. =

So, thanks Jeff for giving me this opportunity to find answers
otherwise impossible for me to find [owning one of the only two
TR8s in this country]. Life with the '8 would have been much more
lonely without that wealth of knowledge! =

Regards =

/Odd =

Jeffrey A. Campbell wrote: =

snip =

> I would be curious to hear from other list members about their
> thoughts on archives and how we might be able to approach this =

> issue to provide a service to the list members without causing =

> serious problems in relation to spam.
> --
> Jeffrey A. Campbell
> Chief Technology Officer
> Triumph TR7 Owner
> Core Networks Inc.
> http://www.listquest.com
> http://www.corenetworks.com

-- =

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4
S-74236 =D6sthammar        International liaison secretary,
Sweden                   Triumph Club of Sweden
                        '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
                        '80 TR8 EFi DHC TPZDV8AT211468 Midas Gold
               E-mail:   odd@triumphclub.se /
odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
             Club URL:   http://www.triumphclub.se/index.htm
       Home Phone/Fax:   Int+ 46-1731 7131 / 46-1731 8131
Geographical Position:   N 60deg 15min  E 18deg 23min