Need Spitfire frame dimensions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need Spitfire frame dimensions
From: r-james@tamu.edu
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 98 09:10:18
Help!

My 16 yr-old son, driver of the 1979 Spitfire, has managed
to run over an impressive curb, at a 16-yr-old rate of speed,
resulting in two cut tires, one bent wheel, and one bent frame
(right front, just behind the suspension mount.  I have a large
amount of camber on that corner, now!)

I found a frame shop run by an ex-Spitfire owner who seemed
confident about straightening it, but he said he doesn't have
quick access to any frame dimension drawings.  He will try to
straighten it by comparison to the other, undamaged, side, but
I think he will do a better job if I can get some drawings for
him to work from.  I hope some reader may have access to frame
drawings and can e-mail me an electronic copy or fax
me a copy quickly enough to make this repair a good one.

If you have some digitized drawings, please e-mail to r-james@tamu.edu.

If you have some you could fax, please fax to 409-845-3410 attn. Ray James.
(and I would appreciate an e-mail alerting me to the incoming fax, as I
am at home until after the first of January.

Thanks in advance, and
Happy new year to all,
Ray James

Ray W. James, P.E., Ph.D.