Head stud rusted into head on TR6

Subject: Head stud rusted into head on TR6
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@iso.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:57:36 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I have had this problem before but last time the engine was out of the car
and I actually spun the head to remove the stud from the block then beat the
damn thing with a big hammer until it came out. This time I'm not planning
to pull the whole motor, just the head and the same stud (the one closest to
the water pump) is rusted tight into the block. I've tried using two nuts
with no luck. All I can think to do now is drill a hole through the stud and
stuck a bar through it and crank on it. Does anyone have a better idea?