Re: Upper "A" post seal (on TR6 windshield frame)

To: Joe Sholtes IV <joeiv@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Upper "A" post seal (on TR6 windshield frame)
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 06:56:56 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe:

I'll give a shot at explaining and hope it is clear.

The fuzzy seal goes fron the top of the B-post all the
way to the top cap of the windshield. This is firmly
pushed into place along metal grove of the seal. Be sure
to cut the top leaving a bit extra so you have to force
it up into the overhang of the top cap. It will "kink"
a bit at the one bend at the top of the A-post where the door
closes.

The rubber seal goes on the outer part of the windscreen. It
is glued into place using an adhesive (I think I used
3-M).  In essence, this piece creates a grove with the
fuzzy seal so that the window slides into it when roled up to
creat a weather seal. You want the side of the rubber seal that
has the round "bulge" to face into the car since this is the
part that flexes when the window is roled up and channels into
the grove.

I hope this is clear, but if not let me know and I'll give it
another try (and go out and look at the 6!)

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6