OD Lubricant Survey

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD Lubricant Survey
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:06:36 -0800
Ok Gang, It has been bouncing around for quite a while with various
"answers" to the magic question, "What oil do I use in my OD tranny?"  I
have read as much as I can find on the subject.

WHat I have found is confusing at best.  Some of the Service bulletins
say use 30 wt oil. Some say use 90 wt gear oil.

So, I want to take a poll of those who have overdrives.  Here are the
questions:

1.  Type Vehicle
2.  Year
3.  Type Overdrive
4.  Type lubricant used
5.  How long?
6.  How did it perform?
7.  What Source did you use for this oil choice?
(Repeat for as many cars as you have had)

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer