TR6/250 water return pipe

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6/250 water return pipe
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:05:03 -0500
        Listerati,

        There was some discussion a few weeks
ago about the TR250/6 water return pipe that runs
behind the exhaust manifold and brings coolant
back to the water pump from the heater and intake
preheat pipe. The original pipes all apparently had
a constriction in the section of pipe returning from
the intake manifold preheater to limit the flow and
prevent the intake return water from overpowering the
heater flow. The wisdom was that if you removed the
constriction, you wouldn't get much heat.

        Well I just pulled out my brand-new TRF
water return pipe (214405) and it doesn't have this
constriction. The pipe on my car does. Has anyone
asked John at TRF Tech Support about this? Is anyone
using that pipe? How's the heat?

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L