Spit-Six project for sale in Hanford, California

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit-Six project for sale in Hanford, California
From: "Michael Noerregaard" <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 05:56:02 PST
Fellow Scions

I saw this on E-bay today - thought it could be of interest to somebody
on the list (or perhaps somebody on the list knows more about the
details, and would like to share/check it out). Will probably be a bit
far for me to go for this from Denmark.... The auction closes on March
5, 1999.

E-bay Notice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=72582715
Great project car...but I have lost interest. This is a totally
rust-free 1969 Triumph GT6 with a 1978 Triumph Spitfire body tub
transplanted on it. This is a fairly common swap and everything Spitfire
bolts right up to the GT6 frame. The engine and transmission are out of
the car and ready to rebuild but are complete. The body and frame are
excellent and rust-free. The British Racing Green metallic paint was
just done. The car has cool period-style mag wheels. The interior is
really nice and done in a saddle cloth and vinyl. This will make a super
vintage racer or weekend cruiser! The car is titled as a 1969 Triumph to
avoid stringent California smog regulations!
Buyer to pre-pay with cashier's check or money order within 72 hours of
auction close and is responsible for shipping. I will re-install the
engine and transmission for shipping convenience.
PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BUY A PROJECT CAR!!!

I don't know the seller, don't have any financial interest, etc, etc,
etc....(you know the drill).

Best regards

Michael Noerregaard
'71 TR6 PI