Re: An interesting auto website

To: "Bob Wilson" <bob.wilson@dssc.hcg.eds.com>
Subject: Re: An interesting auto website
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:18:03 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

>I was surprised that with all the talk we
>usually have about tires, that neither
>Michelin nor Tires shows up as a category
>off the directory page.( http://www.ccdata.com/directory.html )

Bob,

I agree with you. It's clear this site is in an evolutionary stage of
development. The letter I have from the Managing director of CC Data makes
it clear that they don't profess to have all the answers and they certainly
don't claim to have all the websites. It seems to me at this stage that they
have combed the various general and club magazines for web URL's on this
side of the pond and done a reasonable job with getting search engines to do
some extra looking as well. That said, the message coming through in the
letter is broadly along the lines of "we know we haven't got anything like
all of it, please flag up your own sites and others you know where links can
be included." Against that background and with the willingness of all people
/ companies wanting to participate, it has a good longer term prospect of
further growth. It occurred to me that with the recent spate of Vicky Brit,
Moss and whoever else bashing, other suppliers were open to North American
buyers who might not have known they were there. All well and good providing
Sterling doesn't get any stronger and the UK prices itself out of the world
market.

Jonmac