Re: GT6 Rear Sway Bar

To: Paul Coffman <paul@deltacom.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 Rear Sway Bar
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:13:42 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul Coffman wrote:

> Does anybody know of a supplier for a GT6 MK1 rear sway bar?
>
> Thanks, Paul

Triumphtune has a rear anti-sway bar.  It's part number TT3387, and you can
reach TT at 44 181 948 6668, or 44 121 544 5555.  Though it's a pain to order
from across the pond, I've enjoyed dealing with them in the past, and their
header, for instance, is a top quality part.

In my particular catalog, they also have a nice article on suspension tuning for
a GT6, in which they caution that the rear anti-sway should not be added w/o
changes to the front suspension:

"There are two types of standard front anti-roll bar; one fitted to the Mark 1,
II and early Mark III; the other fitted to the later Mark III and of a larger
diameter.  Triumphtune have (sic) produced their own one-inch diameter bar,
however,
and when used with modified springs and a rear anti-roll bar, this can give all
GT6s fairly neutral, vice-free handling."

Hope that helps.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6