? GT6 Suspension Problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ? GT6 Suspension Problem
From: "Paul Coffman" <paul@deltacom.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:38:32 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello,

I've had a very bad shake in my GT6 at about 65mph and up since I restored
it in '92.  The suspension has been rebuilt except for front and rear
springs.  I've replaced the rotors and had the wheels balance numerous times
(they're the fake minilites vicky brit sells).  I had a friend take it to a
shop that spin balances the tires on the car.  They said the tires had flat
spots and we're defective, I believe they only checked the fronts.  They're
kelly 185 70 13's.  That all took place years ago.  I finally bought new
tires today, same brand so I could get something back for tha "bad" tires.
But it didn't help a thing, still have that bad vibration.  The steering
wheel shakes violently, even with new bushings and you can feel the
vibration from the back end as well.  It doesn't seem to be confined to the
front or rear.  Should I try to have the propellor shaft balanced or does
anybody have any ideas what I should try next?

Thanks in advance,
Paul