Re: Rocker Oil Feeder Kit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rocker Oil Feeder Kit
From: Don Spence <spence@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 23:43:50 -0700
Do it.
I made my own years before the "majors" were marketing such a device.
Used a piece of brake line and bent it to shape.  The threads matched
the oil galley taps in the block and head. Tapped into the rearmost plug
in the oil galley (removed the idiot light sending unit and reinstalled
it with a "T" connector with the OP gauge).

This idea was not original but was developed by a friend/club mate who
was rebuilding his girlfriends TR6 and noticed the premature wear on the
rocker shaft.

Mine was required above and beyond the usual reasons as the really
really DPO or better yet his machine shop installed a bushing in the
rear camshaft mount hole in the block, effectively blocking the oil
supply to the valve train.
Moral here is if you're having a rebuild done go to a shop that knows
these engines!!!!
Cheers
Don