GT6 Shake - Update

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Shake - Update
From: "Paul Coffman" <paul@deltacom.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:14:59 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for all you suggestions so far.

This morning I took the GT6 to a shop that can spin the tires on the car.
To say the least something is very wrong.  Looks like the alloy wheels,
minator minilite replicas from V.B., are warped or atleast out of round.
You can spin the wheels/tires and watch them move in/out and or up/down.
One of the fronts looked ok but the other front and rear were noticeable
bad.  On the rear maybe it could be the hubs , the axles looked straight
though.  I've got new rotors and hubs on the front, well guess they're a few
years old now.   But I'm not ruling anything out.

Tonight I'm taking the rear wheels off, spinning the drums and looking for
any movement to try to isolate the problem.  Also, I'm going to find a place
that can true or at least check the wheels.

Anybody got any leads on a good set of 13" alloys?!!

The good news is I've tuned the carbs and ignition, got new plugs and the
car is running beautifully.

Paul
70 TR6
67 GT6