RE: TR3 Tachometer drive

To: <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 Tachometer drive
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:17:08 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Fluif - Old TR list humor.  A while ago, someone (Joe Curry?) misspelled
fluid.  For quite some time, it was a suggested magic elixir that would be
used to fix anything.  Yes, it's weird, but we drive TR's too,

Your suggestion about oil travelling up the shaft or splashing from the cam
makes sense.  That's the spiral groove I cleaned out.  It took a while to
get the shaft out of the upper gear set.

I should have figured this one out for myself.  I hadn't fitted it drive to
the block, so I forgot about the huge opening into the block just above the
oil pump shaft.  Yeah, the rotation of the shaft will "pump" oil up here, if
the splash from the cam doesn't.

Thanks Randall.

Jack