fiberglass project progress

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: fiberglass project progress
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:35:30 EST

       Hi there,
                    I thought a few people might be interested in the progress
made on the Spitfire hood project. My friend and I are about ready to start
the mold building process on the left side. We decided to leave the line where
the lower fender piece welds to the upper section so that it will be hard to
tell the metal parts from the glass ones. We want to be as accurate in the
reproduction as possible. We are also ready to start on the wheel wells, hood
line up pinns and the nose inner brace. After all the under parts are built we
will turn it over, finish out any little dings and build the center and the
other side. Should be done in about 3 or four weeks. The bulg from a late GT
has already been built.
                    Last year I built a mold for the rear hatch. I put the
first part on my car. It turned out to be a perfect, very light, very strong,
part that will never rust! I could even put my original glass back in it if I
wanted, but I think I will use lexan to keep the weight down. All I need is a
new window seal. I usualy deal with VB for parts, but I have not ordered
rubber pieces from them yet. Has anyone used any of there window seals? How
was the fit?
                     Thanks!

PLB3