Re: TR-6 problem

To: <WozHawk@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 problem
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 02:26:01 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Woz,
I had a similar problem with my MG and it turned out to be float level
adjustment.  The gas level in one carb was significantly lower and did
what you describe.  The level of fuel in the jet tubes needs to be the
same, or one carb gets more fuel than the other.  If I put my hand over
the carb with the low float level there was a slight drop in RPM, but
doing the same to the properly adjusted carb killed the engine.  I hope
for you that it is that simple.  I'd really appreciate it if you let me
(or the list) know the outcome regardless.

Lonn Howard, Pasco WA USA
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."