neg ground radio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: neg ground radio
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:40:38 EST
Dave
I have a $20 'voltage converter' stuck in the trunk (about 4"x5'x2" box from a
radio supply store-makes a little squeal noise when on) and wired to a switch
on the steering column where the overdrive switch should be - and soon will be
I might add!
When I want the radio on I hit the toggle switch and it powers the radio by
supplying it with 24 volts thereby overriding the the positive 12 and
equalling negative 12 for my standard radio. It's worked fine for 24 years
(well there was that 12 years in storage part) and I will keep it the same
except moving the switch to now install the OD switch there.
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74