Re: Faq update

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Faq update
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 23:49:09 -0800
Malcolm :

One bit of information that maybe should be on the FAQ in the section on
emissions :

In California, you can be labelled a 'gross polluter' on the very first smog
test !  This is now done electronically, the technician has no control once
the test is done.  Some people claim this is possible with only minor engine
problems.  Once you are a 'gross polluter' you have to go to a special station
(and pay another fee) for a retest.  So, you should always ask the smog test
technician for a "off-line" test, first.  If they refuse, or want to charge
more money, find another station.  For more info, see
http://www.smogcheck.org/

Randall