Honda seat belts and TR's

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Honda seat belts and TR's
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:41:15 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
FYI guys and gearheads:

A week ago I purchased a Honda Civic Si (aka GTI eater, aka reliable
transport, etc).  for it's safety inspection I was forced to replace a seat
belt.  Guess what?  It would appear to be a good replacement for large TR
(and spitfire) units!!

The unit has an exposed belt coil and has covered mechanisms.  It bolts in
via 2 bolts and "backwards" to the TR units, so there are captive nuts
welded onto the frame of the unit.  By grinding these nuts off, this unit
could easily be installed in a TR.  Further,  the latch mechanism has a
large orange button much like a stock TR's.  The belt webbing comes in the
car's interiors' color so you may get black or otherwise.  There is even an
"icky browny tan" that would hide very well in a new tan TR interior!!

Happy hunting.

Dave T