Re: Draught excluder/fuzzy seals in TR-4A door

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Draught excluder/fuzzy seals in TR-4A door
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 19:29:36 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Ray,

Your "draught excluders" sound like the TR6 style one-piece units. Yes,
they go all the way up the windshield frame to the top trim piece. Cut
them 1/2" or 1" long and force the extra back along the track, they
shrink over time. I have a TR4, and thought the 4A was the same, with
separate rubber door seals fitted to "tracks" welded to the sill, the
A-post, the B-post and the windshield frame. The "fuzzy" goes next to
this capping the lip you are using. I think the TR6 style should work
fine.

I am curious, tho, my car did not originally have "fuzzies", as they've
become known. It had vinyl/plastic covering that lip. Anyone else
(Malcolm said yes a while back, I think)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

--