kph speedo

To: thecrowes@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: kph speedo
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:43:39 -0500

--openmail-part-15507ec5-00000001

Hi Frank,
The Canadian idea wouldn't be it. It must have come from somewhere else,=
 as =20
Canada switched to metric only in the 70s. I think the first cars w/kph =
speedos =20
here were 77s.
Jim Wallace
outskirts of Ottawa (32" of snow at my place last week....no LBC driving=
 yet!)

***************************************
From: "Frank Crowe" =20
Subject: Re: Speedometers

=2E......The interesting thing is that I have a KPH speedometer (=B3740=B2=
) and left =20
hand =20
drive.  740 would be about correct for a 3.7 rearend.  PO bought the car=
 =20
in 1973, and PPO didn=B9t know how it came with the KPH speedo.  Must ha=
ve =20
been imported originally to Canada?  It=B9s fun to drive around with the=
 =20
speedo registering 100 or more - just wish the engine was turning a =20
little slower!

Frank
   =8C59 TR3A  TS55223L
      =20