Clickadjust/SPQR

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clickadjust/SPQR
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:31:30 -0000
Hi, listers,

(Does this mean that Jauguar owners that read this sort of thing have Lister
Jaguars?)

Thanks for the replies re. the SPQR tappet adjuster.
I used to use one of these in the old days, on a Herald and a Mini-the
'factory' click figures used to be spot-on.
However, I don't have them so what I'll do is use two feeler gauges to set a
tappet to 'zero' and then see how many clicks
are needed to allow a thrid, 10 thou feeler to be added. That way, any wear
in the rocker pad and velve stem won't matter.

Cheers,

Dave Hill