re: Replacement horn button

To: "'Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Replacement horn button
From: "Eley, Bill W" <Bill_Eley@AIMFUNDS.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:11:03 -0600
>The only other oddity I have noticed (but I am certainly not an
>expert on TR-4's) is the fact that the replacement horn push
>I recently purchased did not quite fit the steering wheel--the
>wheel hub is missing a slot for the triangular-shaped key
>on the horn push that serves to orient the push properly.

Ray:

The replacement horn button I bought from Moss didn't fit the original wheel
I got from Andy Mace either (for the same reason).  I had to file the key
off to fit the replacement button.  I'm not sure why the key is there, or
what year the wheel is I bought from Andy (Do you know, Andy?).  The
original, dealer-installed wooden wheel I had didn't have a slot for the
"key" either.

Bill Eley
62 TR4  CT5018LO