Webers for sale (TR4)

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Webers for sale (TR4)
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:48:50 -0800
The other day Jim Hayes posted a non-lister's e-mail & info about Weber
carbs for sale.

I've been in touch and here's a bit more info:

Carbs are DCOE 40's (pair) nearly new (60 miles!). Car owner is
returning to stock.
With the manifold (took me a year back in the l970's to locate one of
these!) and a set of brand new K&N filters (I just bought a set for
$100)

The whole setup is offered at $750, which is a great deal! Expect to pay
$1400 from a retail source. Please, someone buy them before I do! I
already have a set of 40's, really need to save my penny's & locate a
set of 45's, but I am seriously tempted to buy em & stash em to use on
my spare motor!

The DCOE 40's might be just the setup (over the larger DCOE45's) for
someone who has wanted Webers, but has been afraid they would make the
car a bit too wild for the street. I've had em on my car for 2 decades,
drove the car on many a street for one of those decades & will be back
on the street again in the next millenium.

Christopher Ford is the contact at christopher.ford@juno.com

He's working on this car for the owner. Located in Virginia. Shipping
can be arranged.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L