Fwd: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Boltsboundary="part0_921550491_boundary"

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Boltsboundary="part0_921550491_boundary"
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:14:50 EST

--part0_921550491_boundary

What does your stanchion plate look like, Gary.
 Is the scuttle side smooth or does it have the "Dzus" wire? The wire is
shaped like an "S" and is retained at each end by rivets.
 I tried to get an answer about an isolator....either rubber or something else
(I envisioned a 1/4" thick hard plastic gasket, similar to those under the
hinges).....but, like I indicated, I couldn't get a definite concensus.
 It seems that some owners bolt directly to the scuttle (where'd the missing
1/2" go?), while others said that there was a keyed plate similar to the pre
60K cars without the "Dzus" wire.
 I've got a set of pre 60K plates.......I'll probably fit them with my Dremel
when my stanchions and frame pieces come back from the chromers.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN 3L 78708
60 TR3A TS81398 L

--part0_921550491_boundary

What does your stanchion plate look like, Gary.
Is the scuttle side smooth or does it have the "Dzus" wire? The wire is shaped
like an "S" and is retained at each end by rivets.
I tried to get an answer about an isolator....either rubber or something else
(I envisioned a 1/4" thick hard plastic gasket, similar to those under the
hinges).....but, like I indicated, I couldn't get a definite concensus.
It seems that some owners bolt directly to the scuttle (where'd the missing
1/2" go?), while others said that there was a keyed plate similar to the pre
60K cars without the "Dzus" wire.
I've got a set of pre 60K plates.......I'll probably fit them with my Dremel
when my stanchions and frame pieces come back from the chromers.

--part0_921550491_boundary--