Re: TR6 Top (Hood) Report

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Top (Hood) Report
From: WLSServ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:36:10 EST
Hello All

First - My thanks to those that responded to my query about installing a TR6
top.
          Your answers were very helpful.

         The new top did not go on, I was missing the seal for the top of the
          windscreen.  When I get that, I'll try again and let you know.

          Since we were going to "road test" anyway, I decided to patch the
          old top.  A fellow LBC'er suggested I try "Power Poxy" a fabric and
          vinyl adhesive.  I found it at Scotty's and followed the directions
to repair
          an 8 to 10 inch tear on one side and 2 3 inch tears on the other.

           Did the wet test on Sunday, a 235 mile round trip, including a
monsoon!
           This stuff is great, dried clear, turned milky after the rain, next
time
           I'll let it cure for 24 hours.

           We'll be trying  another LBC top this weekend, this time from the
inside
           to see if it looks a little better.  I will keep the list posted.

           Good fix till the new top is on!, 65 and rain and it's still
holding.

Walt
73 TR6 (hers)