no lbc = humour

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: no lbc = humour
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:25:33 -0800
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
The Mermaid

There's these three guys and they're out having a relaxing day fishing.
Out
of the blue, they catch a mermaid who begs to be set free in return for
granting each of them a wish.  Now one of the guys just doesn't believe
it,
and says: "OK, if you can really grant wishes, then double my IQ"

The mermaid says: "Done." Suddenly, the guy starts reciting Shakespeare
flawlessly and analyzing it with extreme insight.  The second guy is so
amazed he says to the mermaid: "Triple my IQ"

The mermaid says: "Done." The guy starts to spout out all the
mathematical
solutions to problems that have been stumping all the scientists of
varying
fields: physics, chemistry, etc.  The last guy is so enthralled with the
changes in his friends, that he says to the mermaid: "Quintuple my IQ"

The mermaid looks at him and says: "You know, I normally don't try to
change people's minds when they make a wish, but I really wish you'd
reconsider." The guy says: "Nope, I want you to increase my IQ times
five,
and if you don't do it, I won't set you free."

"Please," says the mermaid "You don't know what you're asking...  it'll
change your entire view on the universe...won't you ask for something
else...a million dollars, anything?"

But no matter what the mermaid said, the guy insisted on having his IQ
increased by five times it's usual power. So the mermaid sighed and said:
"Done."

And he became a woman.