Re conking out TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re conking out TR6
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:24:33 -0000
Thanks for your suggestions folks,
did turn out to be related to the petrol pump, its not one with a priming
lever, so that wasn't a point to check, however, I just got to my garage
when it died in front of it. examination of the filter showed it was
absolutely empty and filling up from a jerry  through a funnel brought it
back to life. I have solved the problem by fitting a facet, but what a bitch
to fit as there is precious little room for it, of course I got thoroughly
drenched in petrol in the process as the rubber hose (dunno if it is
supposed to be there in the first place) was perished and had t be replaced.
Will take the pump apart once I get a blanking plate.
As to the condensor suggestion, yeah, its slightly different, I had that on
a Mini once, happened while I was overtaking a school bus,traffic closed up,
oncoming traffic, mini in the ditch.

Cheers, Gernot