[Fwd: Humour (No LBC content)]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Humour (No LBC content)]
From: Jim Higgins <seamus@iwaynet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:14:20 -0500
  Thought this was funny:

 A guy collecting shells on the beach in California stumbles across an
 odd bottle.   Curious, he starts to clean the sand off with his shirt
 when with a bang and a cloud of smoke a genie appears before him.

 "Your wish is my command" growls the genie, "but it hasn't been that
 long since that Clinton guy threw me away, I only have enough energy
for
 one wish, so make it a good one."

 Thinking long and hard, the gentleman says to the genie, "I've always
 wanted to go to Hawaii but I'm afraid to fly and I get terribly
 seasick.  Build me a bridge to Hawaii."

 "Now hold on just a minute" cried the genie. "Do you realize what your
 asking?  The amount of material to do that would be colossal. Do you
 know how deep I would have to sink the towers that would support it
just
 to hold their own weight?  Why the environmental studies alone could
sap
 all of my energy. No, no, no, think of something else."

 After a rather long pause, the man turned to the genie and said "OK,
 here's something I've that has always troubled me, I've always wished I
 could understand women.  Why do they cry when they're happy?  Why, when
 something is wrong, do they think we should know what it is without
 asking?  Why can't they find their car in a parking lot?  There are
 thousands of things about women I don't understand and I wish I knew."

 "So," said the genie, "let me see if I have this straight, do you want
 one lane bridge or a two lane, because once the supports are in place
it
 should be no trouble to make it two lanes."