RE: Stag overheating problem - help!

To: "Lawrence G. Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>, <stag@digest.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stag overheating problem - help!
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:09:07 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Larry,
        A couple of things I would check, (or replace): 1 The radiator cap.  2
check to see if the air is bled out of the block and coolant system.  (You
may have an air pocket in the head or block that is causing boiling in the
area surrounding the air pocket.)  Also, try starting the car cold, remove
the radiator cap want watch the coolant level.  If you get bubbles in the
coolant that smell like exhaust, you may have a small hole behind the
exsaust valve that's allowing exsaust to seep into the coolant passages in
the head and thus pressurizing you whole system.  I had this happen to me
once, and had to have the head welded right behind the number 3 exsaust
valve.  (No fun).
Good Luck
Kelly Alford
71TR6