Poor Stuart Little. Was Mice

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Poor Stuart Little. Was Mice
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:29:37 -0500
At 08:23 AM 3/22/99 -0500, Terrence Begley wrote:

>Same story-different part.

I can do you one better... (albeit no LBC)

I had an old dirt bike at a buddy's vacation house in Vermont. It was time
to freshen up the engine, the head and jug came home for the machine shop.
The exhaust pipe was removed and laid on the ground next to the bike for a
few months or so.

I couldn't go on the next trip to the Vermont house, so I gave the
overhauled parts to my friend so they could use the bike. My friend gave
the parts to his very capable little brother to reassemble the engine. The
engine started fine, would idle, but when cracking the throttle at all, the
engine just died.

After many years of sitting unused in the Vermont shed, I finally brought
the bike home. Sure enough, it would start easily, but die when the
throttle was opened at all. I noticed with the bike sitting there idling,
the puffs of two-stroke smoke were not coming out the back of the muffler,
but around the sides of the baffle!

Seems a family of mice move into the pipe while it was on the ground, and
didn't make it out when Billy reassembled the bike! What a mess...   ;-)
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/