Tyre pressures & Spax dampers

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tyre pressures & Spax dampers
From: "Peter French" <peter.french@talk21.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:21:49 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Firstly I would like to thank all who replied earlier to my questions about
GT6 front end alignment and noisy FACET fuel pumps. (Most said they were all
noisy!) I have two more questions which I hope I can get answered.

1/    I have a 1969 GT6 (with rotoflex rear end) and 185/60/13 tyres on 5.5
inch alloys. Handbook tyre pressures are 24F / 28R with 155/13 tyres. For
best cornering I have seen suggested 34F / 32R for use with 165/13 size.
Neither of these seem correct for my tyres and I am at present running 28F /
28R as I understand low profile tyres are very sensitive to over-inflation.
Has anyone got any recommendations?

2/    I have also got adjustable SPAX dampers all round but as these were
fitted by the PO I don't have any factory instructions for adjustment. I
know I can simply adjust a click at a time and see how it goes but I don't
even know how many clicks are available or which end to count them from.
Some information about possible initial settings would be great.

Peter French
Bedfordshire, UK.