Sure enough, TR6 diff mount busted!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sure enough, TR6 diff mount busted!!
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:58:46 -0800
Thanks to Roger Bolick and Brian Schlorff who correctly diagnosed my clunks
as being from a cracked diff mount bracket!!

This isn't exactly cause for a party, of course... I thought I had this
problem solved 10 years ago when I replaced the bushings.  So, I'm a little
bummed that now I have to deal with it again.

I'll start trying to find someone that's capable of the welding tomorrow.
Looks like new bushings (this time I'll go for the poly bushings sold by
BPNW) and the reinforcing plates from TRF will all set me back about $120
or so all together.  But then I've got to get someone to weld it up!

Can anyone supply me with a template or drawing of the reinforcing plates
so that I can get them made up myself?  $13 each through TRF seems a little
steep for a flat piece of metal.

I'd better keep the driving to a minimum now, eh guys?  Don't want that pin
to go next!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6  Clunkity clunk, clunk!!