Oowwie! MY TR-6 baby in crash.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oowwie! MY TR-6 baby in crash.
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:41:33 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"

Well the beautiful and dangerous Helena really did it last night. Rear ended
some full sized American Iron with the TR-6. Ohhhhhhh the Paaaiiin! H is
uninjured but deep in the BAD DOG house. She will have to put this on one of
her credit cards and will be paying it off for months if not years. Serves
her right for tailgating. From now on I guess I'll add collision to my
insurance on the TR. But my baby looks pitiful. I had just completed a year
long restoration project last summer and to see her like this hurts me
deeply. Preliminarily looking at new left front fender and front valence
along with full headlight assembly. Bumper has minor scuffing... should be
able to polish out also broken mount bracket on bumper left fender mount
point...a spot weld will work here...grill ok. Hood bent at left front but
straighting won't be a problem.  whole front end likely to require new
paint. Fender and valence on order from Moss which has both in stock. Stock
valence however carries a warning that it will have to have some work done
to fit correctly. Anybody out there have any experience as to just what kind
of work might be entailed? GOOD body shop has the car... will charge me for
parts only Moss's dealer charge and $50.00/hr for labor. Couple of weeks and
a couple of thou total for completion. This is the first time in 20 years
anyone has touched this car body besides me. Anybody have a complete
headlight in good condition lying around?

Painfully Deano