Fuel Line - Why the rubber connectors?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Line - Why the rubber connectors?
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:27:05 -0500
As I get ready to start putting pieces back on the frame - its being
blasted and preped for paint now - it occurs to me that it ought to be
easy enough to run the fuel line like the brake lines. In other words
with hard piping all the way using connectors between pieces to ease
installation. Yet the original installation used pieces of rubber hose
to connect between tube runs from the tank to the pump.

It doesn't seem that the difference in tubing size should make that big
a difference in such a requirement and I would think that by placing
bends in strategic locations one could account for expansion,
contraction and flexing. Has anyone done this? Does it make sense to do
this? What am I missing here?

Mark
TR250s