Need 1500 cc Midget/Spitfire Block (maybe)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need 1500 cc Midget/Spitfire Block (maybe)
From: r-james@tamu.edu
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 99 17:50:31
I might be in need of a replacement block for my son's
sick 1500 cc Midget.  It is already bored +.040, and
we think he's holed a piston, which may have caused
some damage to the bore.

That's still a lot of ifs, but as a precaution, I would like to contact anyone
who may have available for sale a spare 1500 cc block/rebuildable
engine/or even a running engine (probably within Texas).  I'll find out
what the problem is by this weekend; I just wanted to start looking
for solutions to minimize downtime.

Please e-mail me directly at r-james@tamu.edu with any
offers/opportunities.

I have a rebuildable 1275 I might swap for a 1500, if that
is of interest to anyone.

Many thanks,
Ray

Ray W. James, P.E., Ph.D.