Re: Odometer resetting- Ethical?

To: Gary Klein <gklein@toad.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Odometer resetting- Ethical?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:46:36 -0500
Message text written by Gary Klein
>Tony,

>I just checked out your website.  Wow, what a wealth of info and pictures too!

>I looked my speedo over and wasn't sure how to remove the pointer and I didn't
>want
>to damage it so I stopped there.  Are they usually really stuck on good?
<

It is usually slightly difficult to remove the pointer.  You have to remove the
works so the silver disk does not spin.  Move the pointer to a "safe position"
by pointing it to 60-70 mph then gently holding the silver disk so it will
not turn as you grasp the pointer by its hub between two fingers and gently
twist back and forth while pulling up on the pointer.  It will slide off
the spindle.  It only has a tight friction fit....

-Tony
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes