Re: Front Bumper TR6

To: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Bumper TR6
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 00:41:01 +1000
At 11:59 PM +1000 28/3/99,  Philip Smith wrote:
>The reason I originally asked about the 74 front bumper fitting a 69, is
>because there is a 74 front bumper for bid at EBAY, the person selling is
>claiming that the 74 bumper will fit  69-76 TR6. I think the bid was at
>$10.00, last time I looked.

The 69 to 76 claim seems a bit strong.  In late 1974 the bumpers were
raised.  The front/turn lights were moved from the body (above the bumper)
to the bottom of the bumper.

The bumpers may still have the same fittings, but they would not look the
same or work properly.  AFAIK the the body mounting points remained the
same when the bumpers were raised: the attachment points on the bumpers
were shifted.

If the bumper is not fitted with lights, it may fit a 69.  If it is, then
it definitely would not be suitable.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U