TR4 Crash Pad Installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Crash Pad Installation
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:53:54 -0500

Listers,

Got a question.  It's time to install my new left and right
crash pads and I have noticed a problem.  The crash pads I
have from TRF seem to assume that I have a wood dasd overly
that will overlap the top edge of the crash pad.  If my car
had a wood dash this would be the slick way to make the
crash pads.

However, I want to keep the cat original with a white dash.
 Has anyone had experience bending or cuting this plastic
cover on the crash pads.  I assume you have to use some heat
to soft the stuff.  The in side radius of the crash pads on
th outside edges we be very hard to bend over the edge and
behind the crash pasd to make like it supposed to be for a
non-wood dash.

Any and all advice and experiences welcomed.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA
sanborn@net1plus.com