spin-on advice

To: sweisman@gis.net
Subject: spin-on advice
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:30:13 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I just finished installing one about a half hour ago.

Be very very careful that you get the old rubber oring or orings out. I
had removed the big rubber oring, cleaned the unit completely on the
bench, and THEN found a really old rubber oring buried deep inside the
groove.

I also always use red loctite on the threads for the center fitting that
holds the adapter to the aluminum housing on the engine, to make sure
that when I unscrew the spin-on filter, the center fitting doesn't come
out.

Good luck.
--
uncle jack