Re: TR6 Carpet Kit

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Carpet Kit
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:37:36 -0500
Rengrave@aol.com wrote:

> For all who are interested;
> I just received a sample and have talked to BPNW on the telephone about the
> brown carpet kit they carry for $135.00.
> They told me the carpet color was a dark brown and the vinyl trim and
> emergency brake boot is a light tan (they referred to it as a saddle color).
> The vinyl sounds like it would be to light a color to match my original New
> Tan interior and I am not sure what the carpet color should be, I would prefer
> to keep the carpet on the light side, not dark brown. Doesn't someone make a
> fade resistant carpet out there?
> Although the price seemed good, includes all snaps and foot pads, the floor
> mat sections have attached padding (jute), I have decided to keep looking for
> the correct color match for my LBC.
> BPNW stated that all the suppliers including the big three, buy their carpet
> from the same two sources. Is this true?
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a New Tan Carpet kit? Everyone seems to just
> have either a brown or a black kit.
>
> Looking for a good match.
> Wayne from Massachusetts
> 1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan

Wayne,

Brad Kahler recently was searching for a particular carpet for his TR-4 and was
able
to get the "right" look from Mark Walker at Southeastern Fabrics
(MDWalker@compuserve.com).  I too contacted Mark for a tan color carpet to
match the
"Light Tan" interior vinyl for a TR-250.  I scanned the vinyl and e-mailed it
to him.
Mark responded that he had ELEVEN tans that were close and I am in the process
of
selecting the best color with the customer now.  #9205 is winning so far, but I
just
got in lighter tan fuzzy door seal instead of the dark brown stuff from the big
three,
so we may still pick a different color depending on the match between the vinyl,
fuzzy, and carpet.  Once again proving that the easiest interior is BLACK! ;-)
digress.  Mark has been a pleasure to work with, and from what I have heard
from Brad,
he has really gone out of his way to make both of us happy.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars